Fixed climbing route Graustock
The mix between climbing on the alpine hiking trail and scaling the steep, exposed cliffs offer a great direct climb of the Graustock.
Breathtaking views in the 700 m high north wall of the Graustock are interspersed with views into the Engelberg Valley and towards Trübsee. The view from the cross at the peak is wonderful, spanning across the Titlis, Rigi and Pilatus mountains to the Wetterhorn, Schreckhorn and Finsteraarhorn mountains in the Bernese Oberland.
Accessible from the end of June to the beginning of October.
- Starting point: Joch pass (reachable from Engelberg or Engstlenalp)
- Ascent: 3.0 h via the fixed climbing route
- Descent: 1.5 h via Schaftal back to the Joch pass
- Altitude: 460 m
- Difficulty: T5 exigent alpine hike trail (white-blue marked)
- Equipment: climbing harness, kit for fixed climbing routes, helmet, gloves