Swiss Open-Air Museum
A museum packed with life!
Discover Switzerland in a day on foot or in a horse-drawn carriage. At the Ballenberg Open-Air Museum there are over 100 original, centuries-old Swiss houses and farms to see. Travel back hundreds of years in time and experience how people lived and worked in earlier days.
Highlights – the perfect excursion destination
- Over 100 Swiss houses and farms to see and touch
- More than 200 farm animals that you can pet and – in some cases – feed
- A petting zoo where you can get really close to the animals
- More than 8 crafts can be seen and tried every day
- Various children's games and a children's playground for youngsters to run around and have fun
- A roundabout for younger and older children
- Hands-On House for young and old
- Various barbecue and picnic areas for recharging the batteries
- Three restaurants with a tempting range of dishes
- Ballenberg Shop with specialties from Ballenberg
- Flower, vegetable and herb gardens for relaxation
- Attractive events spread over the entire year